Teah's Easter Specials
On Thursday we went to the library for story time and the librarian said that today we were going to be reading Easter stories, when Teah blurted out, "I love Easter!" The librarian smiled and said, "Me too, why do you love Easter?" Teah proudly responded, "Because Jesus died!" The surprised and slightly panicked look on the librarians face was priceless as she got to figure out how to respectfully respond and praise for answering, without suggesting support of a particular religious belief. (By the way we have cleared up the fact that, though Jesus did die for us, on Easter we actually celebrate that he lived again - but at least she knew the holiday was really about Jesus.)
Saturday we dyed eggs and I put them in the fridge and told Teah that the Easter bunny would come hide them. Teah was concerned and did not want the easter bunny to take her eggs. I reassured her that the easter bunny would hide them for her and that she would get them all back. This satisfied her as she said, "Oh the Easter bunny thinks they are real Easter eggs, but they aren't filled with candy. The Easter bunny is so funny." So just in case you were wondering if it is the dyed eggs or plastic eggs that are the real Easter eggs, its the plastic.
5 comments:
fake eggs! poor poor Easter Bunny.
Good for Teah, she knows what Easter is really about. I agree about the eggs too, the candy ones are the REAL eggs.
Cute stories. So how did the librarian respond??
What a crack up. I can just imagine the look on the librian's face. Another one for the book, right!
I have been laughing about this for days...and so has the rest of the family I've shared this with. Thank you for posting this wonderful blog.
Post a Comment