A few days after Christmas, my mom, Michael, Marama and I took a quick trip to California for the wedding of a dear family friend. It was a beautiful wedding.
(hugging the Mama)
with a beautiful bride
The tall blond on the right side is her older sister whom I met in second grade when we moved to Turlock. We were nearly sisters and gave ourselfs all sorts of nicknames like the Briann's (both of our first names start bri and our middle names are both ann), monopro (because we were the best monopoly players ever!) and such. I remember one day when we were walking home from school together we mutually determined we did not have anything we had to do after school so we should just hang out. Consequently I just walked to Brittany's house instead of going home and as always I was welcomed into the home. Half and hour to and hour later my friends mother received a call from my concerned mother to find out if Brittany had made it home from school and if I happened to be at their house, as I had not returned home. Debbie (my friends mother) had been unaware that I had not informed my mother that I had gone to Brittany's house assured my mother that I was fine and at their house and that she would also talk to me about letting my mom know where I was going. She very kindly let me know that although I was always welcome at their home, I did need to let my mom know where I was. I agreed but remember thinking it was the dumbest thing ever. If I was not at my house obviously I was at my other home, aka the Holtzclaw residence. I simply could not understand why my mother would be worried and I why I would need to tell her if I decided to walk to Brittany's instead. Such a request was surely a case of ridiculous parenting.
And to this day, despite moving and growing up, our families have remained friends. It was a treat to see them all again and see little Hailey.
I also got to enjoy seeing my aunt and sister who also came out for the event (and other family too, but we seemed to fail to drag them into the picture).
Other highlight of the trip to Turlock including spending time with my dad and younger siblings who were out for Christmas. Also I got stay a my grandparents house and it was wonderful to see them again and get to spend time there. Finally we had a 60th birthday party for my mom with family and friends. It is hard to believe I was only in California for 2 full days, but they were very full and it was great to see everyone.
4 comments:
I had never heard any of those cute stories about Brittany. And, since you are now a mother you probably have figured out the reason you let your mother know where you are is because you could have been in an accident, kidnapped or some other unhappy circumstance.
Well, you know you were a well loved and well taken care of kid!! Loved having you stay with us!!
Great write up. That is a lot to do in just two days!
This looks and sounds like everyone had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment