I know it has been awhile - something about the last trimester or pregnancy just limited my motivation to blog. But I thought I would put up a couple of pictures from the past couple of months.
A Sunday a couple of months ago. Teah had her hair curled so she figured it warranted a picture
Our big snow storm.
It was quite a bit of snow for us and the storm resulted in quite the disruption of the infrastructure out here, including rolling power outer ages and water usage restrictions. Schools, as well as some businesses, were closed for 4 or 5 days and Manu had multiple days of work cancelled. For those of you in areas which receive snow frequently, it might seem like a ridiculous response to a foot or so of snow, but it actually was not the snow that caused the problem. It was the low single digit temps that came with the storm that caused the problems. Generally the infrastructure is designed to withstand temps as low as 8 degrees and the cold temperatures cause almost all of the cities electrical generators to freeze and water pipes to burst all through the city. Not to mention the amount of plant life (I know there is not much out here) that was not able to winter the storm.
Our valentines day
We celebrated valentines day as a family with a cheese fondue, followed by decorating valentines day cookies.
For her birthday Teah got a bird feeder kit. We built it together and then she painted it.
Of course Zander needed something of his own to paint while
Teah worked on her bird feeder, so I got it a couple pieces of scrap wood for him to work on.
Teah worked on her bird feeder, so I got it a couple pieces of scrap wood for him to work on.
All and all everyone is doing well and growing. The other day Teah tooth was bothering her so she asked if I could call the dentists and "line" up a dentist appointment for her the next day. So it looks like I am officially her personal secretary. We also discovered that Zander does not quite get the concept of blessing the family night treat and instead will pray to have all sorts of things like candy and doughnuts and sprinkles - and any other treat he can imagine.
4 comments:
I've missed seeing that Zander in nothing but his diaper.
Wow. I didn't know it was possible for you to get that kind of snow!!
Adventures again!! thank you for the posts.
I'll be sure and bring a bag of sprinkles for Z and a daily planner for T
What an adventure for the kids to be able to play in all that snow. Looks like they had great fun.
Teah's birthday house looks cool, and very cheery. She did a great job.
Post a Comment